Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Am Losing My Memory

I have realized lately that I must be losing my memory. I used to be one of those people that never needed to write anything down. I could remember an entire grocery list, any phone number, where I set something down, ideas for writing, to do’s and almost anything anyone said to me. I cannot do any of these things any longer. But, I am willing to adapt because my thoughts needs to stay organized.

Today, I am on the prowl for a pretty and stylish notepad holder. Starting today, I will forever carry a notepad with me in style. I will take notes constantly regardless of how silly I will look. I have seen many people doing this in stores. It’s not that bad. My inability to remember what something cost in another store is so frustrating…yes, I am a price comparison shopper.

I considered using the notepad in my phone, but I think writing these things down on paper is much more fitting for this sometimes old fashioned gal. Blah blah save the trees and whatnot…ok, ok, I will also make sure I use recycled paper.

So, if you can’t remember daily to do’s and what cost what, do yourself a favor…keep your thoughts organized. If electronics are your thing, your cell phone has great memory organizing helpers. I do use my calendar on my phone. Set reminders for birthdays, doctor’s appointments, kids’ events, and heck, even your alarm. I used to have a PDA in addition to my phone, but the lugging of the two of them around was a little much. But, if that is your preference, PDA’s are a great tool also. They are available in different sizes and can be found for pretty decent and affordable prices.

But, for me…and the Katherine Heigl character in 27 Dresses, the good ole planner from Target or Wal-mart is good enough. Sometimes I really do like to keep it simple. Write it down or type it up.

3 comments:

JennavieveM said...

I keep a little book (tiny journal) in my purse for that exact reason. For me it is mostly used for doctor's appointments (good Lord I sound like such a sickie!). I write down questions discussion topics etc. It also has a ton of contact information in it. It doubles as a nice distraction for Jake sometimes too. He's a doodler.... and not the stinky kind.

Deb said...

haha. you are such a mom...doodler and not the stinky kind :)

JennavieveM said...

bite me.